Our Coronavirus Precautions: How American Energy Propane is managing the safety of customers and employees
We are taking following steps to ensure the safety and security of our employees and our valued customers:
- Because the nature of our business requires delivery of propane to homes and businesses, we have mandated that all our drivers sanitize their company vehicles prior to the start of each shift. Please note that we often drop off Proof of Delivery slips on customer door knobs. Our Drivers have been asked to carry hand sanitizer and clean off their hands prior to leaving a door hanger.
- All our employees are asked to wash their hands regularly, and in compliance with the best practices set forth by the CDC and WHO.
- Employees who report or exhibit any flu-like symptoms, or symptoms associated with the coronavirus, are being asked not to come into work.
- Customer service at our offices have been practicing proper precaution by cleaning their workspaces, company laptops, and shared office space, such as waiting areas designed for walk-in customers.
Additional precautions we're taking
- We monitor information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and federal, state and local agencies.
- We communicate regularly with our employees and keep them informed and to ensure their safety and that of our customers.
- We follow the CDC advice to practice “social distancing” so while standard propane deliveries will continue as usual, we are limiting certain activities at our district locations to protect our customers, employees and the public.