Our Commitment to Our Customers: American Energy Propane is committed to providing you with exceptional customer service. In order to provide this service, we collect and use some personal information about you.
We value your privacy and we take it seriously. We use your Personal Information to provide Services in accordance with your preferences, to process your requests and orders, to contact you regarding products and services and to perform administrative services. We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Definition of Personal Information. “Personal Information” includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, directly or indirectly, with a specific consumer or household, including any information that is subject to applicable data protection laws.
Examples of Personal Information include but are not limited to: first and last name, postal address, email address or other online contact information (such as an online user ID), telephone number, date of birth, Social Security number (or its equivalent), driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account information, payment card data, access code, password, security questions and answers, medical information, Internet Protocol (IP) address or any other unique identifier.
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Currently, we may collect the following types of Personal Information about users of our online and offline Services:
- Identifying and contact details. Name, user/account name and passwords, signature, postal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, internet protocol addresses (“IP addresses”), email addresses, telephone number, social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, or similar identifiers.
- Financial and payment information. In order to process payments or refunds for the Services and process your application for credit terms, if applicable, we will collect and store certain financial and payment information, such as credit card or other financial account information, checks, and billing address, and utilize third-parties to process payments and credit applications.
- Demographic information. If you create an account with us, apply for credit, or choose to provide information through promotions or other methods, we may request that you provide demographic information. For example, we may request your age, birth date, gender and zip code.
- Communications. When you communicate with AEI — for example, by emailing us or calling our office – we may record and store the information you provide.
- Internet activity. We collect information about how you interact with our website.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages, including publicly available social media profile information related to your posts.
- Purchase and Order Information. When you make orders and purchase services from us, we collect information related to your orders, preferences, purchase history, service history, and any contracts we may have with you.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
“What’s a cookie?” When you visit one of our websites or otherwise utilize our online Services, we may use “cookies” which are small text files stored on your computer or device. These “cookies” and other similar technologies like pixels, web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs”) and local storage may be used to provide features to you and to collect information about how you use our Services and navigate through our websites.
- Analytics information. We use third-party analytics companies on our websites to collect and process certain usage data, including Google Analytics. See Section 2, “How We Use Your Information,” below, for more information about our use of analytics and your related choices.
- Log file information.
Log file information may be automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) our websites or mobile services. It can also be provided when the content of the Services is downloaded to your browser or device.
When you use our websites or mobile services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- Mobile device unique identifier. When you use a mobile device to connect to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may use this unique identifier to offer you extended services and/or functionality. Certain Services may require the collection of your mobile phone number. We may associate that mobile phone number with the mobile device unique identifier.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information collected about you to enhance our Services and your customer experience in order to:
- Manage our relationship with you, including communicating with you and responding to your communications;
- Provide you with your requested Services and customer support;
- Process payments or refunds for the Services and processing your application for credit terms, if applicable;
- Comply with third-party contracts;
- Comply with our legal or regulatory obligations and managing potential litigation;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign-in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services;
- Monitoring metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; or
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
WE USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS AND OTHER ANALYTICS TOOLS
We use Google Analytics and other analytics providers to collect information about how users interact with our Website. AEI uses the data obtained through Google and other analytics providers to understand how users interact with our websites so that we can improve our Services. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address or other information collected by automated means, like cookies) will be disclosed to or collected directly by the analytics providers. Please note that the information generated by analytics cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on its servers located in the United States.
AEI’s policy is not to utilize or store the analytics information it receives about the use of our Services in a way that identifies directly any particular individual.
To learn more about Google’s privacy practices and any opt-out choices Google Analytics offers, visit: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties without obtaining necessary consent or providing disclosures required by applicable law.
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties or service providers for the purposes described below:
- We may either employ or partner with third-party companies for the purposes of advertising, facilitating, or enhancing our Services. In order for these third-party companies to carry out their services, your Personal Information and other data collected may be shared with these third-party companies (including, without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of our Services).
- We may employ partners or third-party companies to process payments, refunds, or credit applications, and to assist with collections.
- We may utilize third-party call centers to respond to your inquiries and Services-related requests.
- We may engage with independent contractors to carry out Services on our behalf, such as independent contractor drivers we may hire from time to time to delivery orders. In order for the independent contractors to complete Services, your Personal Information may be shared with them to the extent necessary to carry out Services.
- Government, courts, and law enforcement –
- We will access, preserve, and share any information about you, without your consent, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we, in good faith, believe it is necessary or appropriate to do so to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to comply with applicable laws, to protect the property and rights of AEI, you or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to pose a risk of being, or is illegal, unethical or legally actionable. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; protect the legal rights and property or safety of ourselves, you or others, including as part of investigations; and prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
4. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We care about the safety and security of your information. AEI employs data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures designed to protect Personal Information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. Where appropriate, we use firewalls and limits on who can access databases that store Personal Information.
Please keep in mind that it is not possible to achieve a perfect state of data security. Although we maintain reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures designed to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, we cannot ensure absolute security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your un-encrypted electronically stored Personal Information. To the extent the law of your jurisdiction allows for notification of a breach via e-mail or conspicuous posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
AEI is committed to maintaining high standards of ethical conduct in its marketing activities and to complying with all federal and state Do-Not-Call rules regarding telemarketing calls.
As a convenience and added benefit to our customers, AEI provides customers with a variety of options to communicate with us and address questions about an account or Service, including updates to your profile/privacy settings. For example, we may contact you by telephone, email, text (SMS) message, auto-dial, or prerecorded call regarding AEI, promotions and marketing, account and payment information, the Services, including, technical, safety, and security notices.
By logging into your account or by contacting your our office you can choose whether you want to receive certain informational and/or marketing email, text message, and/or automated or prerecorded calls from AEI. For example:
- Text messaging – You may opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message received.
- Emails – In all promotional emails, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.” It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request.
- Mobile device unique identifier – Unless you choose to opt out, we may also share your mobile phone number with certain select third parties. You can opt out by changing the privacy settings on your cell phone.
Please note that we reserve the right to send you Services-related communications (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, technical and security notices) by email, mail, or live telephone call that you may not opt out of. Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, such as relevant customer service announcements and administrative notices.
American Energy Propane
532 NE 3RD AVE STE 110, CAMAS, WA, 98607-2171